Friday, February 20, 2009

Fat people unite

The other day I was reading the Jordan Times newspaper, in which there was an article saying that about 80% of Jordanians are overweight or obese. This is about the same percentage as Americans. Yeeha, fatness loves company!
As the article progressed, they gave out a few hypothesis' of why Jordanians are becoming so fat (change of diet, lifestyle, etc.). What I found curious was what one professor gave as a solution to the problem, he said "All Arabs need to do is eat and live like they used to." Seriously, this is your solution! Let's just go back and live nomadic desert lifestyles, herd goats your whole life. Set your people back a hundred years, instead of educating them on nutrition and fitness.
I just found this whole thing silly, and realized that I could probably be some expert in this field of health...if only I wasn't so fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment